Friday 19 September 2014

Cute things my 16 month old toddler does or says

EJ is 16 months old, turning to 17 months old this coming 26th Sept.. Baby boy has been growing up very well and he's almost 14 kg, not fat but big & fit =.= I guess mommy is doing a good job :)

Here are cutest things he does or says (according to his mommy, it's super cute! I may be a little bias here but nevertheless I think his actions are really cute hehee..)

1) He thinks an airplane is a bird (a big one)

He knows the word "bird" and he can pronounce it very well. He knows exactly what is bird and loves to say it loud. One day, an airplane flew over our house and he pointed at it and kept saying "bird..bird..bird"

2) He says "nah.."

In our family, we love to say "nah.." when we pass something (object) to someone else (of course someone we know well, so we won't be labeled as impolite), apparently EJ learned that, so whenever he passes us something like book, bottle, or other random things, he will say "nah.." while passing it to us :P

3) He waves "bye-bye" and does "flying-kiss"

It's super cute! He knows how to say "bye-bye", wave his hand and does "flying-kiss" after that :D cutest ever!


4) He thinks bear and panda are the same

He calls both bear and panda as "beh" hahaaa...

5) He calls his daddy as "deh-deh"

Sadly he doesn't want to call me "mommy" yet, occasionally "mama"

6) He calls whatever foods on the table as "mam-mam" and milk as "neh-neh"

When he wants milk, he will take his bottle, give it to us and keep saying "neh-neh" repeatedly. When he doesn't want something, he will shake his head and say "no..no..no.."

7) He loves cat and addresses cat as "cat, ngang.."

Actually he's trying to say meow, the cat but it always come out as "ngang ngang cat..." still cute though!

8) He says dog as "muuk", cow as "moo", duck as "kwack" and horse as "hee-hee.."

That's his language LOL.. trying to say "woof" for a dog but always come out as "muuk muuk.." and a horse always come out as "hee-hee.." (neigh)

9) He sees car, he must say it loud!

Whenever there's a car passing by, he must say "car..car..car..boommm..." loudly with his cheeky face :)

10) Words he says correctly are

Ball, kick, cat, bear, bird, car, bus and a few more.. Not many, he's pretty slow in talking but definitely he's getting better and better, at least he learns one or two new words every week :) Slow progress but he's improving :)

11) He recognizes songs and reacts well to each of it

Baa Baa Black Sheep : He will say "ba..ba..ba.." although he can't sing the song yet
If you're happy and you know it : He will clap his hands, stomp his feet and use his 2 fingers to point at his cheeks to show happy face. Sometimes, he will hold my 2 hands and teach me how to clap :P
Row Row your boat: He will touch his face and say "ahhh..." (there's a part in the song where sings "if you see a crocodile, don't forget to..." that's why he screams "ahhh...")
Itcy Witcy Spider: He will use his fingers and pretend the spider is crawling hehee...
Wheel on the bus: He will use his index finger and pretend to "shh..shh..shh.." (there's a part in the song where a mom "shh-ing" the baby)

12) Stomach ache, apply oil!

I have no idea where did he learn how to apply oil on his tummy and as like pretending he's having a tummy ache, thus needs to lift up his shirt and applies oil.


13) He knows how to unlock, open the door and escape

There's nothing we can do to confine him now =.= I don't understand how a young toddler like him can figure out such a quite tricky skill

14) He's a big mess

He has this habit to mess everything like crazy before he goes to sleep

15) He loves his unborn sister

This picture says it all

16) He's my little helper, well not technically

He loves to play actually, not technically helping us but not bad to learn how to vacuum or sweep the floor since young :P

17) He's a naughty boy but soft at heart :)

This picture explains why! He loves soft toys, soft pillows, something soft to hug and squeeze, something furry too

and he will show his priceless "in love" face that melts your heart <3


18) Flirty boy in making

This explains!


19) He sleeps like a little angel, wakes up like a big monster

He wakes up crying! and starts to get really cranky after waking up!


Why can't you wake up cheerful like that all the time?


20) An obsession with random stuff instead of toys

As much as I hate he's touching random useless (some dirty) stuff like hangers, shoes, rubbish, everything on the floor, etc but he loves random stuff the most, more than toys, so toys are kind of useless sometimes I think!
Loves to put random stuff in his mouth too
 

21) He turns on TV himself

How did he learn how to turn on TV himself? I saw him taking remote control, pointing at the TV and pressing the red button & here he goes, babyTV with a big grin on his face :D

22) He's a sweet boy and a softie!

EJ is sweet, dramatic and I don't know how to describe this 16 month old baby boy.. Other day, he broke my cupboard door and in just a few months time, he has broken many things such as baby rocker, hangers (many of it), milk powder container, etc.. Today he broke the cupboard door, totally broken (new cupboard meant to store our new baby stuff), so I scolded him with high tone. He ran away to his room..., hid there and just drank his milk and he thought I've forgotten about it. He woke up from his nap and I continued (jokingly) nagging him with my loud voice about why did he break everything in the house. After 10 minutes of (jokingly) loud nagging, he thought I was angry, so he cried (I know he pretended to cry as there were no tears at all) and came to hug me tight (I was sitting down). He hugged me and wrapped his hands around my shoulders.. That moment was short but sweet and beautiful. I whispered to his ears "it's okay, mommy is no longer angry.." softly.. My heart melted and how not to love him?

23) Overall, he's still cute and I can't believe I love him that much!



 



 



 
 He's growing up too fast, soon, no more this cute little baby anymore!




 
24) He loves to dance!

I keep laughing whenever I watch this LOL


 
25) He loves (pretending) talking on the phone
 
It's like he's an adult, talking on the phone, walking back and forth while on the phone. He keeps saying... ah..ah...oh...oh...mmm..., silent (pretending to listen to the other party) then continues his baby language followed by ah..ah..oh..mmm again heheee...  (it's like an adult saying, oh.. oh.. okay..)
 



I really think a young toddler like him loves to follow what we do, so it's a good time to set good examples to him because he learns from us really fast!

There are many more cute things he does but I can't cover everything here, overall he's at his cutest stage since he started talking.. I won't say he is cute in terms of physical look or something but his little actions are really cute & adorable and he won't fail to make me fall in love again and again!

He copies from mommy, what she does, he follows!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, first of all I'm so happy for you that you have such a wonderful little boy and now being pregnant with a little princess :). I'm still TTC and was wondering if you have any tips for me? I stumbled across your blog while trying to search for ways to conceive and I'm so happy I found your blog. I hope you could share some of your diet with me, for example what to eat or not to eat when TTC. Thanks a bunch in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, you can email me at netty_lie83@hotmail.com, thank you for your comment :) and I wish you lots of baby dusts.. If you are underweight, gain more weight, I noticed it's easier to conceive no 2 when my weight was lots heavier than before got pregnant with #1 (I was underweight), eat healthily, balance diet (fertility foods like honey, avocado, almonds with good fats) & most importantly, do not stress out, try ovulation kits if you haven't tried and take it easy & enjoy the process for the first year of trying, after that if there's still no result, go & seek for doctor's advise, do not wait if you're over 30 years old :) good luck!! P/s: hubby must maintain good diet too :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Netty for replying to me. I have not tried the ovulation kit and definitely giving it a try starting this month. And thank you so much for your email, I will definitely keep you updated on my progress and if I needed any help :).

    ReplyDelete