Wednesday 4 June 2014

Boy or Girl, Old Wives Tales Gender Prediction

Boy or Girl?
 
Any mommies have done old wives tales gender prediction before?
 
I DID!! and it was fun!
 
My second's baby gender will probably be revealed in another 1.5 months (next month, in July) but guess what I can't wait to know and I'm too curious wanting to know whether it's a baby boy or a baby girl, so I did some of old wives tales gender prediction and I was surprised with the results :D I didn't do any old wives tales gender prediction with baby EJ and I'm kind of regretting it now. I should have done that, so I can compare the accuracy between baby EJ and baby peanut (our 2nd baby) Argh!
 
5 Old Wives Tales Gender Prediction I did when I was early in my pregnancy:
 
1) Baking Soda Gender Prediction
 
This one is pretty easy and you can do it at 10-12 weeks of pregnancy, basically you just need to pour a spoon of baking soda powder into a cup (I used 2oz plastic cup), then fill the cup with morning urine (about 2oz, more or less) If your urine fizzes like soda (like you pour coke or beer into a glass), that means you're having a boy and if it does nothing (just like normal urine, no effect or whatsoever), that means you're having a girl. Apparently, baby boy's hormones make urine more acidic, that's why it fizzes!
 
MY RESULT: GIRL!, it didn't fizz at all and I tested twice at 10 & 12 weeks. Nothing happened to my urine :)


2) Ramzi's Theory or Yolk Sac Gender Prediction

It is a theory based on which side the baby implanted on (so placental location) and apparently it's 97% accurate according to the study. It's very easy to predict. Basically you just need a picture of your 6 week ultrasound (I heard it must be 6 week ultrasound picture for better accuracy) and see if your yolk sac position is on the left or right side. If it's on the left side, means you're having a girl and if it's on the right side, means you're having a boy. Study said 97% male embryos implanted on the right side and female embryos implanted on the left side

MY RESULT: BOY! My 6 week ultrasound picture, yolk sac is definitely on the right side! Same as Baby EJ, it was also on the right side and Baby EJ is a boy! If it's really 97% accurate according to this theory, I should be having another boy?? I hope I fall into the 3% category, so I have a chance of having a baby girl :)


3) Wedding Ring Gender Prediction

I heard this one has a very high accuracy in predicting baby gender in early pregnancy. It's also super easy & fun to predict. Basically you just need to take a wedding ring and tie it to a thread. Hold it over your belly while you are lying down. If the wedding ring swings in a circular motion, then you are having a girl. If it moves back and forth, then are you having a boy. Apparently this theory has something to do with the magnetic energy.

MY RESULT: GIRL! I tried this many times and it was always going in a circular motion :)



4) Mayan Gender Prediction

All you need is your age at time of conception, and the year of conception. If both are odd or even, it's a girl. If one is odd and the other is even, it's a boy.

MY RESULT: GIRL!. Age: 30, Year: 2014. Both even!

5) Single or Double Line on your first baby's thigh

This gender prediction is widely known is my community (Indonesian Chinese + Singaporean Chinese family). Pretty easy to figure it out. My grandma said if your first baby has 1 line on his/her thigh, means you will be having a boy for your next child and if your first baby has 2 lines on his/her thigh, means you will be having a girl for your next one. I'm not sure the accuracy rate but I think it's fun! :) (Yes, I know fat babies have more lines LOL)

Let's say your expecting baby #3, then go and check your 2nd's baby thigh. I'm currently expecting baby #2, so I checked baby EJ's thigh and .....

MY RESULT: GIRL! 2 lines on baby EJ's thigh. :)


My result showed "GIRL" (4 out of 5 tests) and I hope it's true :) Deep inside, I have a feeling it's a girl too but if it's a boy, I will love him too, as much as I love baby EJ and if it's really a boy, it's good too because baby EJ will have a playmate or best friend :)

Doctor's prediction during my 12 week scan was most likely to be a baby girl but there won't be any confirmation until my 20th week scan. Baby boy's early prediction is most of the times correct. A penis is a penis and Baby girl's early prediction could be wrong. It could be under-developed penis or something, so it's a girl until it's proven otherwise :D

I'm excited and I can't wait to know. If it's a girl, I will start buying pink dresses and start my DIY project for the princess :D

Till Next Time,
~Netty~

Updated ~ We found out on 25th July, we are having a GIRL, so old wives tales gender prediction was correct for our case :)

1 comment:

  1. The methods are so new which are on the process of select baby gender uses. Some of them I did not hear about before. Since I was planning on getting pregnant, maybe I can use some of the methods.

    ReplyDelete