Thursday 5 December 2013

(Sponsored) Product Trial & Review: Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump

Hello Fellow Mommies,

Breast milk is the best gift a mother can give to her baby and I have been giving this special gift to my little one for the past 7 months. My baby has been growing outstandingly well, at 7 months old, my little one can stand up firmly on his little toes and move little steps, either right or left.. Yes, he's learning to walk at a very young age and to me, as a breastfeeding mommy, it's one of my biggest achievements and his biggest milestone as an exclusively breastfed baby..

Breast milk is undoubtedly the best nutrition I can provide to my baby boy.. It's healthy and very natural. I truly believe human milk is designed for human baby :) My 7 month old exclusively breastfed baby weighs 9.8 kg & he's 74 cm long. He's huge, strong & absolutely healthy! Thanks to breast milk!

As a breastfeeding mother, a breast pump is my best friend and I can't imagine myself living without a breast pump.. In other words, breast pump is my little secret obsession and absolutely the best gadget I ever owned. I would rather live without a smart phone than living without a breast pump because it generates liquid gold for my little one :)

Thanks to Mothercare for giving me the opportunity to try & review the newly improved Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump. Here I am to share with fellow breastfeeding mommies my experience using Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump :)

The Closer to Nature Single Electric Breast Pump is specially designed to mimic a baby’s natural feeding action, for excellent results at the touch of a button.
 
Efficient Milk Expression to give maximum efficiency and extra comfort. 0% backflow guaranteed. There are 4 settings to choose from: light, low, medium and high. It's recommended to start with the light mode to encourage milk let down, and then moving onto the setting that feels right for mothers.
 
Extra Comfort. The new soft silicone cup combined with the new valve design provides gentle and efficient expression, offering maximum comfort for mum.
 
Easy to Use / Clean / Assemble. The simple and intuitive design of the Closer to Nature breast pumps makes them easy to assemble, use and sterilize.
 
One Piece Valve. A new, one piece valve provides improved suction, delivering improved efficiency and guaranteeing 0% backflow.
 
BPA Free. For total reassurance, all of our products are free from Bisphenol A (BPA).
 
(Product info credited from Tomme Tippee website)
 

Included free inside: 1) Microwave sterilizer-box. sterilize and store breastfeeding equipment in one compact box. 2) Milk Storage Pot. 3) Feeding Bottle. Closer to nature 150 ml bottle with breast like slow flow silicone teat. 4) Breast Pads


I'm a big fan of Tommee Tippee products, so I couldn't wait to try it out the moment this breast pump landed in my room. I washed & sterilized immediately and to my surprise, this breast pump was very easy to assemble.. No Fussy-Hussy at all!! I was able to assemble this breast pump completely and of course correctly in just less than 5 minutes.. It was really that efficient!


 
The Tommee Tippee soft silicone cup is super comfortable and what I like the most from this soft silicone cup is it offers me the extra security. The milk didn't stuck in between the breast shield and soft silicone cup and it didn't go out of place. I didn't need to re-adjust either!

I have tried many soft silicone cups from different famous brands, although it offered the comfort I wanted but it wasn't secure at all or I needed to adjust and re-adjust many times during my pumping session and yes it was annoying!

The Tommee Tippee soft silicone cup is the best I have ever tried :) Although at the beginning, I needed to master how to put this in place correctly. Since it offers extra security, it can be little hard to attach this soft silicone cup into the breast shield. Practice makes perfect! and it's now getting easier and easier for me to fix this soft silicone cup into the right place :)

 

There are 4 settings to choose from: light, low, medium and high. Personally 'high' was the setting I preferred and it didn't hurt at all. I felt comfortable with the 'high' setting and I have been on 'high' since the first time I used this breast pump.. So far, no injured nipples! Yay!! :)

 

I loved how super gentle the milk expression was, although I was on 'high' setting. The milk flow from the expression was very fast too.. (As you can see from the picture, took this picture when I was pumping!)


I was super amazed with my pumping result!! I successfully expressed 90 ml of breast milk in just 5 minutes (one breast) What a super efficient breast pump!!


15 minutes later, I successfully expressed 150 ml of breast milk (one breast).. It's already my son's one feeding expressed in just 15 minutes :) It took me about 30 minutes to express from both breasts, about 250 ml in total (150 ml from right breast & 100 ml from left breast).

I normally pump the fullest breast first which is always on my right side, then store the milk in the milk storage pot and continue to pump the left side. 

 
 
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump is one of my favorite breast pumps (I own a few breast pumps) Super efficient, fast milk flow & very comfortable. I just wish it's a double electric breast pump! It would be great to pump 2 breasts at the same time because it would be absolutely wonderful to save 15 minutes of my precious time to spend with my little one :)
 
Nonetheless, I'm happy with this product!
 
Another great thing is the microwave sterilizer box. I can wash my breast pump parts, store everything inside the box and easily sterilize it in the microwave!
 
 
Take it out from microwave after being sterilized and here I go, ready for my next pumping again!
 
 
I hope other mommas who try Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump are as happy as me too :)
 
Until Next Sharing,
Netty


1 comment:

  1. How do you use this box for sterilising? Do you pour in water also? Or just the heat is enough?

    ReplyDelete