Thursday 17 January 2013

Pregnancy Update Week 24, 25, 26

Hello Everyone...
 
Momma to be is back on her pregnancy update :) I'm currently in my week 26 of pregnancy.. A week and more to go to be officially entering my third trimester and I'm so looking forward to my third trimester.. I'm more than ready, so baby, bring it on your kicks and punches!!
 
Overall, my baby boy is doing well, some days he kicks like crazy and some days he's just being a lazy bum!!
 
Week 24 : I swear, he scared me! His movements were much lesser than earlier weeks. He wasn't active at all. All I felt was little flutters here and there.. I was so afraid that there was something wrong with him.. I worried about him for the whole week and I finally felt relief when my doctor said he's fine and doing well..
 
During my ultrasound check-up at 24 weeks, my naughty baby boy scared me again :( Oh baby, don't do that anymore to your poor mommy, please?
 
What happened was during my ultrasound, we heard half heartbeat, not the strong full heartbeat as usual.. I was very worried :( My doctor showed a little concern too but he said let's check other parts of baby first then get back to his heartbeat... After checking his head, his growth, his weight, doctor said baby is growing very well and let's get back to his heartbeat... It was strong and full heartbeat.. and I asked doctor if it's normal and common for that case to happen? and to my relief, my doctor said it's pretty common but not to worry, baby's fine :) then 5 minutes later, doctor checked baby out again and his heartbeat was strong as per normal... Phewww, ultrasound sometimes can scare people out like crazy....
 

I don't get perfect ultrasound picture at 24 weeks because I think somehow my baby is a little too big to fit every part of his body into one small ultrasound picture, so only his head size as shown in the picture below is taken (as doctor thinks it's important to measure his head size)
 

Week 25 & 26: He's starting to move and kick a lot... He's back to be very active :) Sometimes he kicks more in the morning, sometimes he only gets crazy at night, so it's still pretty random and his movements and kicks are still unpredictable >.<

So far, my pregnancy has been great and easy.. I feel good and I don't have problems so far, thanks God :) (btw, he's kicking me a storm while I'm writing this post :P )

I have picked a name for him too but I will keep it as a surprise until he's born.. The initial will be E as his first name and J as his last name and his name means "strong" and of course his surname will be "Lim" (my husband's surname)

Until Next Time & I gotta get some food to eat, I'm starving :P

Loves,
Netty

No comments:

Post a Comment